Colorado Foreign LLC
A foreign Colorado LLC is an LLC that was formed in a different state and then registered to do business in Colorado. If you operate an LLC outside of the state of Colorado and you want to do business in Colorado, you will need to register your LLC as a Colorado foreign LLC.
To register a foreign LLC in Colorado, you must file a Statement of Foreign Entity Authority with the Colorado Secretary of State. The Statement of Foreign Entity Authority costs $100 to file and it must be filed online on the secretary of state's website. All foreign entities must have a registered agent in Colorado. You can hire us as your Colorado registered agent for just $35 a year. If we are your registered agent, we can file your LLC Statement of Foreign Authority for $100 (just add the filing in your online account).
Colorado Foreign LLC FAQ
Here are the answers to the most frequently asked questions about qualifying a foreign LLC in Colorado:
- The LLC's name as registered in its home state (the state where it was originally formed)
- The type of entity (in this case, you can write "LLC" or "Limited Liability Company") and the state where it was originally formed.
- The LLC's physical address and mailing address, if different.
- Colorado registered agent name and address and confirm that the registered agent has consented to the appointment
- Enter the date on which the LLC commenced or will begin doing business in Colorado. If you want to enter a delayed effective date, the form allows you to do so.
- List the name and address of the person filing the document
Unlike most states, Colorado does not require foreign LLCs to include a Certificate of Good Standing from their home state.
- A business location in Colorado
- A sales rep in the state
- If you have contractors physically doing work or selling items in Colorado
Foreign LLC Service
Hire us as your registered agent for $35, and we can register your out of state Colorado LLC for the state filing fee plus $100.
OR, you can do the filing yourself, and just sign up with us as your Colorado registered agent. All foreign LLCs in Colorado will require a registered agent. We offer this service for $35 a year. Once you sign up for our Colorado registered agent service, you will be logged into your online account where you’ll find the foreign Colorado LLC form you file with the corporations Division of the Colorado Secretary of State. After looking at the resources we include in your online account, if you do not want to actually file the paperwork yourself, you can find and click on the add services tab in your client account, and have us do the filing for you for $100 plus the state filing fees. We will also locate the correct documents from the home state of your LLC organization that we need to properly register you in Colorado.