Incorporate In Colorado For $185 Total

Colorado Corporation: $185

A Colorado corporation is formed by submitting Articles of Incorporation to the Secretary of State's office. You must file online and pay the $50 filing fee. The SOS will process the Articles of Incorporation usually within 24 hours. Once your corporation is formed, you will need to obtain an Employer Identification Number from the IRS. Your shareholders will need to write your Corporate Bylaws, hold an initial shareholder meeting, make any necessary resolutions, and open a business bank account. Each year, your corporation must file a Periodic Report with the Secretary of State to maintain compliance with state law.

Or You Can Hire Us!

What You Get With Our Colorado Incorporation Package:

  • Professional Incorporation
  • One Year of Colorado Registered Agent Service
  • Business Website, Domain, SSL, Email, and a Colorado Phone Number and Phone Service
  • Readable Corporate Bylaws That Make Sense
  • Shareholder Certificates & Corporate Resolutions
  • Colorado Periodic Report Compliance Reminders
  • Use Our Registered Office Address, Not Yours
  • Year-Round Client Support From Real People
  • Access Your Client Portal Anywhere, Anytime

Colorado Corporation


(Includes All State Fees)

Order Corporation

Fast, Simple, Done Right

As the oldest local registered agent and business formation company in Colorado, we know how to get your Colorado corporation formed fast and formed right. We form your corporation with the Secretary of State and give you everything you need to open a bank account and get up and running as quickly as possible.

How Our Incorporation Works

1. Order Your Colorado Corporation Now
Fill out our simple incorporation form and place your order. Our filing team will receive your order immediately.
2. We Prepare & File Your Articles of Incorporation
We quickly process your order, prepare your Articles of Incorporation, and file them with the Secretary of State. Our organizer information is used, keeping your info private.
3. Your Incorporation is Processed by the SOS
The Colorado Secretary of State will confirm your incorporation immediately. You're in business!
4. We Provide Ongoing Compliance Support
We will act as your Colorado registered agent throughout the next year. Official documents, service of process or SOS notifications will be accepted at our office and uploaded to your client portal. Our service is $35 a year, every year.

Incorporation Guide


There are a series of steps you and your shareholders will want to complete before submitting your Articles of Incorporation to the Secretary of State. Taking the time now to complete these steps will save you time and money further down the line.

  1. Select a Corporation Name

    Naming your Colorado corporation can be a lot of fun, but there are specific restrictions laid out by Colorado state law that you are required to follow. For example, you must include an appropriate corporate designator such as Corporation, Incorporated, or an abbreviation like Inc. or Corp.

    What if I forget to include a corporate designator?

    You can fix this mistake by filing a Statement of Correction with the Secretary of State. The form is filed online. You will need to include the Entity ID Number that was assigned to your corporation when you initially filed your Articles of Incorporation.

    How do I know if my name is already in use by another corporation?

    You can do a quick Colorado Business Name Search to see if your corporation name is already being used by another business. Your name must be distinguishable from all other business names already registered in Colorado.

    Can I register a trade name (DBA) for my corporation?

    Yes. Colorado allows a corporation to register a trade name (also known as a DBA or assumed name) if the business wants to operate under a name other than its legal name. Rather than forming a brand new business entity, many companies choose to register a DBA instead. We offer a Trade Name Service for corporations who are interested in registering a DBA. Once you’ve signed up for our Colorado Incorporation Package, you’ll have the choice to select our Trade Name Service in your account, and we’ll register your corporation’s DBA for $125 plus state fees.

  2. Write Your Corporate Bylaws

    Corporate Bylaws are what outline the ownership and management of your Colorado corporation. Bylaws are written by your shareholders. They lay out who your initial shareholders are, what contributions they have made in return for stock in your corporation, their duties and voting rights, as well as how new shareholders can be admitted to the corporation. Administrative positions are detailed in the Bylaws: President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary. The responsibilities of each corporate officer is given and agreed upon.

    Why do I need corporate Bylaws?

    Your bylaws are where ownership is determined. Questions regarding ownership of your corporation are addressed by looking to your Bylaws. If a corporation has no written Bylaws and an ownership dispute arises, it will be up to a court to determine who owns what in the corporation.

    When are my Bylaws approved?

    Your shareholders should write your corporate Bylaws (or hire a professional to write them for you). Bylaws do not necessarily need to be complicated, but they must be approved by all your shareholders. Bylaws are usually approved at your initial shareholder meeting.

  3. Find a Colorado Registered Agent

    When you form your corporation, you will have to appoint a registered agent in Colorado. Your agent is listed on your Articles of Incorporation, and you cannot file your Articles without a registered agent. If your corporation is ever sued, the court will issue a notice, called a service of process, which will be delivered to your registered agent. The agent’s job is to contact you and forward the notice to you in a timely manner.

    Can I be my own registered agent?

    Yes. You can serve as your own Colorado registered agent. Just be aware that you must meet the legal requirements: you must have a physical address within the state, keep regular business hours at that office, be a legal adult resident, and accept all service of process delivered to your registered office. Also, your name and address will be entered into the public record for anyone to find.

    Can I change registered agents later?

    Yes. You can change your Colorado registered agent at any time by filing a Statement of Change with the Secretary of State. You must file this document online. Registered agent information can also be updated when you file your Periodic Report each year.

Our Incorporation Includes:

Corporate Bylaws

Simple, Easy-to-Understand Bylaws That Make Sense

Registered Agent

1 Year of Colorado Registered Agent Service

Online Presence

Domain, Website, Email, SSL and Phone Service


After you’ve completed all the preliminaries such as writing your Bylaws and finding a Colorado registered agent, you’re ready to submit your Articles of Incorporation. You’ll have your corporation formed by the state within 24 hours and can move on to any additional filings that you need.

  1. Submit Your Articles of Incorporation

    The Articles of Incorporation formally and legally create your Colorado corporation. Once the Secretary of State processes your Articles, you can begin conducting business. You must submit the Articles online and pay the $50 filing fee. Filings are generally processed by the SOS within 24 hours.

    What am I required to list on the Articles of Incorporation?

    Colorado Articles of Incorporation must include the following information about your company: the name of your corporation, your principal business address, the name and address of your Colorado registered agent, the name and address of the incorporator (the person who prepared and filed the Articles), and the number of common shares of stock you are authorizing at this time.

    How many shares of stock should I authorize?

    You can authorize as many shares of common stock as you want. Authorizing stock is simply the act of creating the stock. These shares will be issued to your shareholders at your initial shareholder meeting. You can always authorize more shares later, so don’t feel like this is the final number.

  2. Apply for an Employer Identification Number (EIN)

    An Employer Identification Number (EIN) is issued by the IRS for federal tax purposes. It is similar to a Social Security Number, except that an EIN is issued to a business instead of a person. You will use your EIN to file federal withholdings of employees and to file federal taxes.

    Am I required to get an EIN for my corporation?

    Yes. Every corporation is required to obtain an EIN. Unlike LLCs, every corporation is required to file federal taxes and thus needs an EIN. Even if your corporation does no business during the year, it is still required to file annual taxes.

    What does it cost to obtain an EIN?

    You can apply for an EIN for free on the IRS website. You will need basic information about your business and your personal Social Security Number. If you do not wish to deal with the hassle of filing with the IRS, you can hire us to file and obtain your EIN on behalf of your business.

  3. Open a Business Bank Account

    Your corporation will need a bank account to process credits and debits, pay employees and taxes, and handle other economic transactions. A corporate bank account can be opened at any bank. Most banks will require basic documents from your corporation, such as your corporate Bylaws and a copy of your Articles of Incorporation. You will need to provide your Employer Identification Number as well.

    Do I have to open the account in person?

    Most banks will require that someone open the account in person. This can be you, or it can be anyone empowered to open accounts on behalf of your corporation. To grant someone this authority, you would need to write a corporate resolution authorizing the individual to open accounts and conduct a vote of your shareholders.

    Will you open my corporate bank account on my behalf?

    No. We do not open bank accounts for our clients.

  4. File A Beneficial Ownership Information Report

    The majority of corporations in the U.S.—Colorado being no exception—have to file what’s known as a BOI report. You must file this report with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) and include information about your corporation (legal name, DBA names, jurisdiction of formation, tax ID), plus information for your corporation’s beneficial owners and company applicants (full legal name, date of birth residential address, valid photo ID). Some corporations are exempt from this filing requirement, but these are mostly companies in highly regulated industries like government and finance. Most corporations do not qualify for exemptions.

    A BOI report is free to file, and will not be made public.

    What is a beneficial owner?

    A beneficial owner is someone who has a large degree of influence over your company. This could be a CEO, a board member, or someone with at least 25% ownership stock in your corporation.

    What is a company applicant?

    Your company applicant is the person who filed incorporation documents for your company in Colorado. If the person who filed these documents was doing so under the command of another person, this person—the one who directed the documents be filed—must also list their information as a company applicant.

    NOTE: If your corporation was formed before January 1, 2024, you do NOT need to list a company applicant on your BOI report.

    When do I have to file a BOI report for my Colorado corporation?

    BOI report due dates are based on when your corporation is formed. If your corporation was formed before 2024, you must file before January 1, 2025. If your corporation is formed during 2024, you have 90 days from your formation date to file. Corporations formed after 2024 must file within 30 days.

    lf everything about the BOI report sounds like a little too much, order our $9 BOI report filing service. We’ll get your report filed quickly, easily, and on time.



After you’ve incorporated in Colorado, obtained an EIN, opened a bank account and got your corporation off the ground, you will be required to maintain corporate compliance with the Secretary of State. Every year, Colorado corporations must filed a Periodic Report to stay compliant with state law. If you fail to submit your Periodic Report, the Secretary of State will revoke your business authority and dissolve your corporation.

Periodic Report

All businesses in Colorado are required to file a Periodic Report. It is due within a three month window starting on the first day of the month in which you incorporated and ending on the last day of the month three months later. For example, if you incorporated in January, then your reporting window is between January 1st and March 31st.

Can I submit my Periodic Report by mail?

No. Periodic Reports must be filed online with the Secretary of State. There are no paper filings in Colorado.

What kind of changes can I make on my Periodic Report?

Your Periodic Report is used to update basic information about your corporation. If certain information has changed–such as a change in your Colorado registered agent–you can update that information on your Periodic Report.

Is there a filing fee?

Yes. There is a $25 fee to file your Periodic Report.